Wednesday 27 April 2011

Progress

Finally got the scrolling functionality from Proton SDK working right, which was nice. And selection works fine and hands the map a co-ordinate correctly, so drilling down into a node will be a piece of cake. Will have to adjust it later to make it work with scaling, though, especially for the phones.

The node map generator (now it's rendering) is not producing maps to a standard I like. I'm currently using a "path around the area and then connect any close ones" approach. I'll try a different algorithm tomorrow - maybe a space-fill and then connect? That should reduce on the amount of intersection cases I seem to end up with. Or maybe fill the centre then spread outwards?

I'll post up some screenies once I get results I'm happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment